We love Jesus, He is the best thing to ever happen to this planet and we want you to love Him more too. In fact we want everyone to know Him because He is that good. That is why we have a simple mission, to make disciples who make disciples of Jesus.
When people follow Jesus as His disciples they are able to do and be amazing people to this planet and show them how good He really is.
We are disciples who make disciples
When we asked God what this looks like for Hope Church, He told us to focus on three key areas:
- Be a hub of impartation of all that God has given us
- Focus on Families with Children
- Do this in multiple locations
These three aspects help us to focus on what we do, which you can read about here.
Alongside this mission and vision, we also have core values which affect what our church looks like and how we do things.
The Cross Has Paid It all
Sin and death were conquered so that I can live forgiven, cleaned, righteous and free.
The Bible is the Final Authority
Therefore, we make Bible based decisions revealed to use through the Holy Spirit and the person of Jesus.
Part of a Family
So we pursue loving relationships to bless one another even if that comes at cost to ourselves.
Royal Sons and Daughters of the Heavenly King
Therefore, we live as people of eternal inheritance with access to the Father and His resources, recognising this in ourselves and in each other.
Always Advancing the Kingdom
Our lives are committed to seeing the Kingdom of God advance through salvation, influence/transformation and sanctification.
People of the Presence of God
We are devoted to intimacy with the Father and pursuing and experiencing His presence.
Supernatural is Our Natural
Nothing was impossible for Jesus; therefore nothing is impossible for us.
Statement of Faith
We believe in:
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God—fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ—born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers—given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.
At Hope Church, we aim to build church the way they did in the Bible.
We’re Connected With
Hope Church is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of all its members and visitors, especially children and vulnerable adults, at all times. We expect the whole community to share this commitment, and training, monitoring and reporting procedures are in place to ensure this commitment is realised. If you have any safeguarding concerns please contact safeguarding lead, Sheila Greenacre on email@example.com